Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Doesn't salad sound good?

After leaving work a little early yesterday to go do a little grocery shopping and then house cleaning, I decided we needed a big salad for the dinnah, so that's what I did.



I bought some boneless chicken thighs to which I put in a bath of olive oil, balsamic, apple cider vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt-n-pepper. Covered with foil and into a 375 oven until done.

I also bought some apple wood smoked bacon. Since I'd just cleaned my stove, ain't know way I was cooking that on the stove top so into the oven that went too. I guess my oven runs a little hot...



This was all I was able to salvage.

To that we had two different kinds of lettuce-from-the-bag and some slaw. I put a bunch of other veggies in it and shaved some parm on it. TAH-DUH!

In Fatass' quest to get back on the exercise track, she rode Slugorelli to work today. Remember Slugorelli? I do.



Fatass hasn't ridden Slugorelli since we got the scooters so that was like...March. Not to worry, Fatass is still alive. Since Slugorelli is your typical style road bike; you know, the kind where your leaning over and a lot of pressure is on your hands? Well, that doesn't seem to sit well with Fatass' carpal tunnel. So now, she's thinking about selling Slugorelli. I wonder how much it would cost to make her a sit-up bike? I must check into this. If you're about 5'7" (or like me, used to be 5'7" but the ravages of time have now made you 5'6 1/2") and you want an awesome ride, let me know and we can make a deal.

Don't be scared of this picture...Fatass is showing a little skin and her freakish-looking baby finger:



I know, I frightened myself at the site of milk-toast-piggy-colored skin.

Mmmm hmmm, Fatass got herself a pedometer! The goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day. I think when she had a pedometer before, the record was 7,000. This will take some work. But look, I already have 503 steps and it's still early.

Gotta go walk around the block. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment