Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another Steak Roll...


I have to say, this was my best to date! This time I used a combo of feta and goat cheeses. My-Worst-Food-Critic-Poppy said it was restaurant quality!

Speaking of Poppy, she just luvs her poppies so for years, I've been harvesting poppy seeds. You know that long thing that grows out of the flower of the poppy? Well, in the wild, that thing dries out and explodes all the little poppy seeds everywhere. Okay, I guess, that long things is some sort of penis in the plant world. Anyway, I found some poppy pods around the block. I had to find a way to let them dry out but not explode everywhere. Here's my scathingly brilliant idea!



I took my wire strainer, covered it with plastic wrap and poked some holes in the wrap so those plant-penis-things could get air and VIOLA! Damn, I need a cigarette!

Yesterday, we spend a few hours in the back. I brought Old-Girl-Meeko out for a vissy. She decided to stay out with us for a while. She's very sweet.







Jax-The-Jealous-Jewel was also with us:



Alright, let's move on to Gopher Update #3...

As you recall, I sent away for The Gophinator. It came the other day so I set it up yesterday:



I know, you can't see it cause I forgot to take a picture of it. I brought my tools of torture out to set the trap. That included some pig fat. I gotta think even gophers love pig fat. Anyhow I had the pig fat sitting on a paper towel. I ran back into the house cause I forgot one of my tools, came back out to find Jax-The-Pig-Fat-Connesewer finishing up the pig fat. Argh!

Okay, time to check the Gophinator...

Let's just say in less than 24 hours, I've achieved success. We will be having a Memorial a little later. We'll be serving mimosas and barbequed "chicken".




May he rest in peace...I know I will!

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment