Monday, August 8, 2011

So much to write...

So little time. Weekend was swell. My very dear friend, JPD came for a quick visit. I think it had been 8 or 9 years since I've seen her. It's like time never passed...until she brought out the old pictures. Oh the ravages of time...Anyway, we had a great visit; we ate decent food and really excellent wine!



That was a different lifetime ago!

Let's talk about varmints...

You recall that our new pet gopher went for the "big sleep." Well, I've got my garden in the backyard and I've actually been able to grow tomatoes...in the Outer Sunset! I'd been watching my babies start to turn red. There was one that was just about ready. I went out there last week to get it, but it was gone! No traces of it or anything. I asked Home-Grown-Poppy if she ate it, but she didn't. So, I started asking around. Two folks said it could be something worse than a gopher.



I'm sure you know how this story ends (sorry Renee). But his last meal was a good one...Bulgarian Feta!

The odd thing is, I seem to have a knack for this kind of work. I think I've found my second career...Will-Kill-Kelly at your service!

No comments:

Post a Comment