Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weekend-n-Stuff...

It's been a very productive day so far! I've taken the little dog to the beach, started the laundry, went grocery shopping, prepped my chicken:



Mr. Chicken will be served with a broc/cauli mash uh-oh-gratin and a green salad.

Next up...fixing Old-Girl-Meeko's bed:



Here's the thing, Old-Girl-Meeko is just about 18 years old now. Besides only having 6 teeth, she's got some arthritis in her front shoulder so it's getting hard for her to jump up and down from her perch. Originally, we've always had her up high because Alley-Cat-Roger hated her and would try to beat her up. Old-Girl-Meeko is so over that so she doesn't care anymore. Figured it was a good time to get her down to ground level so that's what I did.

The perch she sits upon is a table that my Dad made me years ago. I had one of those queen-sized futon beds. The frame was made of teak. I saved it when I got a real bed. Dad took the wood and made a table out of it. Dad was a kick-ass furniture maker so taking this apart wasn't easy. Not only was it glued together, but then he wood-screwed it together as well. Even had those decorative wood dot things to cover the screw holes. I think I can get it back together when it comes time. But the good news is, Old-Girl-Meeko seems very happy.

Now, I think I'll sit back, relax and look at my new catalog, Bounce, that just arrived:



Did you ever think, years ago, you could get a catalog dedicated to the boobie? I sure didn't!

Techno-Geek-Poppy is busy working on her computer. Here goal today was to fix the connections between the computer, remote and the T.V. only when she logged onto her computer, it doesn't seem to want to work. Now, she's diagnosing why it doesn't want to work. Might have to call in a professional! Needless to say, Poppy is not very happy right now. Yipe, yipe, yipe!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment