Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's all about the Feta...


Meet Franken-Thighs!

So, we've been going a little over budget this month with our food shopping. We've got $40 left in the food budget to get through to the end of the month. I've got $20 in my wallet and Frugal-Poppy has some cash too. So far, I've spent $7.45 this week in veggies. We had boneless chicken thighs in the freezer and some leftover Bulgarian Feta in the fridge so I decided to make chicken thigh rolls.

I took the thighs and pounded them a little flat, dusted the insides with Crin's Mediterranean Salt, then a layer of spinach, roasted red peppers and the Bulgarian Feta. The fun part was trying to roll the little bastards! Each one had at least 4 toothpicks holding it together. But they were NOM!! Again, My-Worst-Food-Critic-Poppy said she'd buy them in a restaurant. Oh yeah!

Time to update my profile to remove the "neophyte" in home chef; I'm movin on up!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment