Saturday, August 27, 2011

Are you having fun?

No, I'm not having fun! It's no fun if you don't win!

Of course we had fun. Crabby-Pants-Dad just doesn't understand fun.

Here's how much fun we had...

The ride up was very pretty. Even more pretty since I wasn't driving. Here's the Race-Cow outside of Sears Point Raceway. I know, they changed the name to Infineon. Sorry, just like Candlestick Park will always be Candlestick Park, Sears Point will always be Sears Point:



It was difficult to get this picture cause driving w/Seester is like being on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! If you look close, you can see the Race-Cow's tailpipes.

Here's Seester turning up her BJ Thomas...I can't stop this feeling, deep inside of me...



Then we hit Highway 505...look at all the pretty dead sunflowers!



We reached our destination. Too early to check into the room, so let the games begin!

First, let's get Dad's cashé. Dad's strategy has always been to get $100 in five dollar bills.



Since this hasn't worked in the last 10 years, might be time to rethink this!

C'mon 7's!!



Oh look, Mama gets a straight!



Oh look, Mama loses it all and drowns her sorrows in the drink...



Yeah, remember how I gave up drink cause my Seester didn't support my sobriety? Well, now that I've rationalized it, I can drink on "special occasions." Be prepared for many "special occasions"!

Now, a little bit about Cashé Creek...since this is on the reservation, I guess they have issues with the firewater. In Nevada, you can sit your fatass



at a machine (p.s. they smelled) and in a few minutes, the cocktail person will come around and give you free boozie. Not here, you have to go to the bar and pay like $10 for a freakin drink. Guess where most of the money Dad gave me went?

This blows; let's go check in to our luxury rooms!

So here's the room...

Bed w/nice reading lamp.



This is a close up of the pillow. I don't know why, but I really liked it. Like a metallic snake, only not poisonous.



Here's the tub. Seester luvs, luvs, luvs taking a tub. While I tried to go to sleep, she got her magazine and headed for that tub. After about 10 minutes of hearing her play with the plug and turning the water on and off, I'm now crying I'm laughing so hard cause I know the plug isn't working. If Seester ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!



So I'm telling Photog-Poppy the story about the bathtub and I'm cracking up uncontrollably. She took my picture. I look like the freakin Keebler Elf!



Day two.

When we left Dad to his room the night before, you will recall, he wasn't having fun so I figured we'd be on the road early. I'm sound asleep and am awaken by a knock. I get up figuring it's Dad. Look at the clock and it's says 7:24. I'm not ready to get up, so I ignore him and go back to bed. I know, I'm a mean daughter but I was tired. Then, a few minutes later, I hear a louder knock on the wall. So I get up. Seester wakes up and is not happy. I tell her Dad is knocking on the door. She gets up, goes to the adjoining door and knocks on it..."Pop!" "POP!" knock, knock, knock. Dad opens the door and was obviously still sleeping. Uh oh...I wonder where that knocking I heard was coming from? Needless to say, Seester and Dad were not very happy with me. Oopsie.

So somewhere between my taking a shower and getting ready Dad decided he had $60 left in his pocket so we'd each take a $20 and go back to the Wheel of Fortune machine.

We get ready to leave the room, Dad goes to get into his room through the adjoining door, but the door only opens from the inside of his room. So he gets his card key and goes through the hallway door, but alas, he's locked that door from the inside. Yeah...



Long story short, this place is like Fort Freakin Knox and their engineering department has to come up to jimmy the lock to get the door open. But, we had quite the chat with Mr. Security-Guard. Just so you know, he was a locksmith in the army, he's a volunteer firefighter and EMT...oh, and he invented the jimmy they use. In fact, he's the guy that opened the door for us.

Oh yeah!!...Mama gets a new pair of shoes!



Yep, I hit the jackpot for $1,000 quarters. Now, since Seester and I are Terra Nova graduates, we're not exactly sure how much money that is. We're thinking it must be like $500 or something! Seester says let's cashé out, take the ticket to the cashé people and then we'll know exactly how much we won. So, it was like, I don't know, $200 or so.

Okay, time for a breaky to get some lunch. Oddly enough, this place attracts a lot of Asian-Mericans which means they've got a Chinese and Japanese restaurant, plus all the other restaurants have Asian offerings. Good for Multi-Cultural-Fatass, not so good for Dad and Seester. The first thing I saw on the Chinese menu when we walked by the place was congee. I'd about give my left arm for a bowl of congee, but my Merican family wouldn't have nothin to do with it. So, we ate at the Canyon Cafe and I ordered me a bowl of steaming hot Fishball Udon!



Nommy goodness!

Shortly after that, we all have about a $100 left in our pockets so we hit the road.

I asked Dad if he'd like to go back to Cashé Creek. He said "Yeah...maybe in a couple of years.

Okay, onto other fun stuff...I've decided to take my picture taking to the next level. Instead of using my phone camera for my blog, and after much internet research, I just bought myself a digital camera. Professional-Photographer-Poppy said I could use her camera, but since I frequently have the dropsies (yeah, we're down to one lonely wine glass), I opted to get my own. Besides, I just want a point and shoot. I don't need a bunch of bells and whistles.



Maybe I'll even figure out how to put a video on my blog.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. We're going to go sit on furniture and then off to spend my $100 on a grand sushi dinner and guess what that means? Uh huh, it's a SPECIAL OCCASION!

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment