Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Not much going on...

After my swell time last week as a stay-at-home-Mom, it was time to come back to work yesterday. As per my usual Monday, I got all the keys to the gubument vehicles and check them for gas. Wouldn't you know, one of the Uplanders says "Change Oil Soon." Go figure since we just did that a few weeks ago. So now I had to figure out how to get that stupid warning light reset. I figured it out. The Internet is an amazing thing.

Once that was done and I was walking back to my office, Barbara-The-Librarian says "Did you see the little truck has a flat tire?" Are you kidding me??? I think FFM-Laurie has ordered me some coveralls too. I'd hate to get my dress all dirty! My new nickname around the office is Bubba-Cletus.



Have I mentioned recently that I feel so lucky to have a job. I guess when my gig is up here I'll open an auto repair/cafe.

On Sunday, Fix-It-Poppy decided she didn't like where the garage door opener button was and wanted to relocate it to a more convenient place. When I saw what she was doing, I asked if she'd turn off the power since I don't relish the thought of BBQ-Poppy. So once she tried to relocate it and turn the power back on, one of the 15amp breakers decided it didn't want to work. This is the breaker that controls the garage, the master bedroom and the kitchen lights. DOH! Lucky for us, I know how to pop the garage door so it'll work manually.

A quick call to Amy-Mae's hubby and Charley-The-Electrical-Superhero to the rescue! He showed up last night with all his electrical accoutrement. He diagnosed the problem (which we had a feeling)...the breaker was dead. So he showed Chicken-Fried-Poppy how to change it out. He also traded out that breaker for another 15amp breaker that would get my kitchen lights and master bedroom back. Now I don't have a light in my closet.

Oh, the trials and tribulations of homo-ownership. The good news is that Lit-Up-Like-A-Candle-Poppy now knows how to change or a faulty breaker. It's a good thing!

Check out our new curtains courtesy of Friend-Carrie:





Carrie is selling her house so she wanted us to have these. They were made by Carrie and Becky's friend, Vince. Vince has since died, but what a very talented man! I just love these curtains. They're blackout too!

Okay, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment