Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Sunset Magazine Came...

There was a recipe in it for Ribeye and Spring Onions. I had to have it. I'd been to the grocery store and found a great deal on some NY Steaks. There were four on sale from $46 to $24. Depression-Era-Poppy was so proud!

So anyway, I pretty much followed the recipe...kinda...sorta...not really:

Two fat steaks
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 yellow bell pepper
4 Spring onions
1 bunch baby asparagus
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Kecky's Chili Salt
2 TBS chopped parsley
2 TBS minced garlic

Mix the oil, vinegar, salts, parsley and garlic. Spoon over the veggies and marinate for at least an hour. Can also marinate over night. Throw it all on the grill.


Uber-NOM!





Friend-Co-Worker-Drea read in her prevention magazine that Tumeric pills are evidently being used as an anti-inflamitory with much success. Dr. Andrew Weil says it's as good as ibuprofen. Since I'm taking some pretty heavy-duty NSAIDs for that silly carpal tunnel, I figure i'll give these a try. I'll let you know how it works out.

Oh, I have an appointment tomorrow with the hand surgeon. Hope I can get the surgery pronto cause I'm tired of not sleeping!

Interesting thing, as I was playing with the pills, I noticed my hand changed color.



Note to self...don't play with drugs!

Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment