Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Monday!

Pretty fun and busy weekend. Started Friday night with a scooter ride over to South Beach to meet some of Poppy's friends. Nobody showed, so we headed over to REI to pick up some stuff we had on hold.

From there, we headed to the Lexington for a cocktail and then to the Phoenix for a bite to eat. I had the Colcannon. It was okay but I took most of it home...then on Saturday, I made a couple of patties out of it and gave it a quick fry and called it brunch:



Everything is better with an egg on it!

Project-Poppy is in full project mode. We're closing in on final Kasa Kecky improvements. We've culled more stuff and now it's time to get some art on the walls. I also painted a few doors and finally fixed the trim in the dining room. Not sure when/if we'll ever do the wainscoting.



I also went around the house with my Magic Sponge so it's all looking great!

Saturday night we had plans to meet our new friend, Kris. We met her at the Derby Party weekend before last. I'd seen her jogging around the hood before and she recognized me too. She's from Kentucky which is why she came to the Derby Party. She plays pool too so the three of us made a pool date for Saturday. Here's Pool-Shark-Poppy running the table...



Anyway, we had fun. Our New-Friend-Kris is a teacher and also surfs. I'm sure she and Bro-N-Law have seen each other in the water.

This morning I was getting ready for work. I opened my closet and just about had a heart attack...



Why, why, why?

So Low-Carb-LuvBacon and Fatass have been a little indulgent lately so they've decided to do the "Induction" phase of the low-carb lifestyle again. This is where you try to keep your carbs under 20 grams for a couple of weeks. Gets that whole fat burning engine all tuned up.

That's about it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment