Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Aunt-N-Uncle Have Arrived!



Depression-Era-Poppy's Aunt Kathy and Uncle Ken are in town from DC. Conference-Ken works for Cisco and is here learning about I-don't-know-what, but I'm sure it has something to do with technology...let's just call it Magic. Union-Square-Kathy has done a little shopping and is catching up on all her computer stuff. In fact, she's sending me all kinds of yummy recipes that will be showing up sometime soon here on Kucina di Kecky!

We met them last night in North Beach at Gino-n-Carlo's. G-n-C's has been there for a thousand years, just like everything else in North Beach. I hadn't been there since the fabulous-hair'd 80's. I don't think it has changed much, other than the place isn't filled with cigarette smoke anymore. So we had a glass of wine and then moved over to Sotto Mare's for the dinna!

Sand-Dab-Poppy and I will definitely go back there! Old school and friendly. Food was excellent. Sand-Dab-Poppy, Kathy and Ken all had the...well...sand dabs. I had the special which was a Round Nose Sole. A bottom crawler that was to die for. Well, actually, I guess it died for me. In fact, I'm going to finish it for lunch.

Turns out our waitress lived in Pacifica for a time (right behind the SamTrans bus depot in Linda Mar) and we thought we knew people in common, but turns out we didn't but still a fun conversation.

After that, we caught cabs and called it a night!

K-n-K will be done with the conference tomorrow and will then move over to spend a fabulous-fun-filled weekend at Kasa Kecky's. Sure hope this rain stops cause Pioneer-Poppy wanted to have a far and throw a hunk of meat on the spit-roaster.

Speaking of Magic, Techno-Poppy has been at her Google Earth class since yesterday. She is so excited about all the things she'll be able to do with these new applications. Her job is about to get really exciting. I'm not sure why but it has something to do with the Magic. She was trying to esplain to me last night what she was learning but then my eyes rolled in back of my head so she stopped. BUBBLES!

Here she is yesterday at her class with her laptop having lunch...



Guess that's it.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment