Sunday, September 5, 2010

Saturday's Dinner


Well, the Kecky's Kupboards are getting really bare. We are on budget lockdown so eating very cheaply this month saving up for when the Aunts/Uncles come at the end of the month...which is Poppy's BIG 5-0!

My plan for last night's dinner was ribeyes with Roqufort butter but I had much to do at Kasa Kecky so I never made it to the store. Last night's dinner was ecoNOMiclly delicious! We had some frozen Sockeye salmon, a bag of Dutch yellow potatoes and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. I marinated the salmon in soy, olive oil, a touch of sesame oil, green onions, minced garlic and some minced ginger. I also sauteed a chopped green onion in some olive oil that would later go on the potatoes.

For the mixed veggies, I cooked them in beef broth and Kecky's Chipotle Salt. The potatoes boiled in chicken broth until tender, then drained and back in the pan with the green onion, salt/pepper. Poppy grilled the salmon. Most tasty!

I spent most of the day prepping then painting the dining room. I'll send a pic when I'm done, but right now, I'm halfway done.

Off to the Alameda Antiques Faire!

Happy Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment