Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Aunts...Day Two

After a leisurely start to the day, the gang picked me up at work and off to Scomas we went. Lunch was NOM! From there, we walked around...

Here's Ghirardelli's chocolate machine:


From there we hit the National Park Service's Maritime Museum. They have a room there representing just about every national park...except the Presidio. Park Partner, my ass! I'm just say'n.

Here's a picture of some old boat:



I'm sure the story of the wreaked boat was riveting, but I was tired by then and wanted a nap.

Let's see...oh, there was a cruise ship leaving our lovely city:



Then home for an episode of the new Hawaii 5-0 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and then time for the dinna:



Sorry, Poppy I cut you out of the pic. Aunt LeAnne and Uncle Ed brought brisket, corn on the cob and okra. Aunt Kathy fried up that okra in mix of corn meal, polenta and some Cajun seasoning. Dipped in egg and milk and then fried. INFINITY NOM!

Today is a very, very special day...My Poppy is the big 5-0.



Of course, I left for work and completely forgot to wish her a Happy Birthday. Whoopsie! Since she was sleeping when I left, I think I'll tell her I did wish her a happy birthday. She won't know the difference...until she reads this. Anyway, the last 7 years with my girl have been the bestest EVER. I'm looking forward to many, many more years of fun! Happy Birthday Poppy!

See Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment