Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Instruments of Torture...


You will recall that I'm in the process of filing a worker's comp claim for the Carpal Tunnel, yes? Well, yesterday was my first appointment with the occupational doctor. Fun times. Even though my symptoms and discomfort have been going on for a couple of years, we're starting with scratch. She's putting me on Relafan, which is some big anti-inflammatory drug. She gave me new wrist braces aka, instruments of torture or Wrist-o-Prene. I've got a blister on the webbing of my hand between my thumb and index finger. Gee, wonder if I'm supposed to be a water creature? Anyway, I start physical therapy (i.e., more instruments of torture) on September 27 and then a follow up with the doc for some Cortisone shots directly in the nerve (my knees just got weak). The shots are to stave off the surgery for as long as possible. I don't really get it cause this isn't going to get any better. Whatever.

How about a segment of A DAY IN THE LIFE OF DAD? I guess Dad gave up on the Fwench lady and is now pursuing Carol. Another nice lady down the street. He thought she was so nice, he swooped in for a little kissy! Mortifying? Yes! Turns out, he doesn't like Carol all that much. She's not as pretty as he thought she was.

Took Dad to the doctor's to day for a follow up. All is well with the exception of his left ear has some dirty wax build-up. Kind of like your kitchen floor only different. So he gets some over the counter drops, then next week, they'll finish the excavation in his ear.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment