Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Saturday!!!


Well, Poppy has the grill fired up and the ribs and chicken are happily ensconced inside. I made potato salad and some BBQ sauce in anticipation of our guests tonight, Kerry and Chris. Kerry is making red beans...NOM!

You may notice those little green things in the picture. Those are Padron Peppers. Poppy and I first had them when we were in Spain. It's one of the best tasty-treat sensation ever. All you do is fry them in olive oil until they start to shrivel up and then sprinkle Malden (or any flaky) salt on them. So good. Watch out though...one in ten are fire hot. When I get that one, I have to stop eating them. Anyhow, friend and co-worker, Drea, gave these to us because I've talked so much about them before. They had them at the farmer's market close to her house. Really very nice of her!

Let's see, today I took the blue tape off the walls in the dining room. Now for the touch-ups. I'm sure I'll be done soon...really.

Neighbor, Chan and his brother are busy working on our stairs. This is very exciting! They're beautiful!



Nephew Lucas needs a bike so Poppy is giving up her old, old bike. I tuned it up this morning and will bring it to him in the morning. I tell ya, the kid works out like a fiend to keep in shape for Ultimate. Now he'll be riding the bike from the train station to work. Studly!!



Tomorrow, we put the new shower rod up and I need to cut the shower lining and re-hem it so it's not dragging on the bottom of the tub floor. Annoying.

Well, there you go. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment