Saturday, November 30, 2013

It's all about the feets!

So I was sitting here the other morning having my coffee and saw Neighbor-Chan taking his walk up and down the street. First few passes, he was wearing sandals. On the next pass, he was barefoot. This whole neighborhood fascinates me that way. I love watching how the Asian folks exercise. Hand clapping, walking barefoot, swinging arms and hips side to side. You know it has a benefit, cause even the elders do it too.


Shortly after watching Neighbor-Chan take his morning constitutional, I got the little dog and took her to the beach. Me luvs me some beach. Sure was pretty too. So, then I thought, I’m close enough to the water where if I took my shoes off, I wouldn’t step on any rusty nails or hypodermic needles. So, that’s what I did. I’m trying to figure out the health benefit of walking in my bare feet. Would I find more of a benefit if I walked on the street like Neighbor-Chan? I do know that in foot reflexology the secret to good health is in the feet…if I step in dog pooh, what will that do to the health of my feet?

Since my shoes are the color of sand, I figured I needed to put them by a marker so I’d be able to find them on my way back home. There was a log, so I put them by the log.

More on that later…

As the little dog and I walked, we saw this gal doing her yoga. She was doing handstands and planks, etc. This Yoga-Gal was really flexible. I wanted to go up and talk to her about her yoga practice, but then I thought she’s probably mantra-ing and zen-ing so I didn’t want to interrupt her.

As Yoga-Gal finished her routine and then took her hair out of her ponytail and headed to the water…then she and her matchy-matchy yoga outfit walked into the surf. Now, I’m kind of worried. Who does that? It reminded me of some movie scene where the person walks into the water and disappears forever.



So, I keep watching as she keeps walking further out. How can this be relaxing, you know that water is freezing cold! Aw geez, now her matchy-matchy yoga tights are wet…now she’s submerged her whole body in the water. Now, I’m doing my Scooby-Doo imitation “Rut-Row” wondering if she’s going to end it all. I mean, it is Ocean Beach after all; some scary riptides out there.  I mean, Jax is even doing the Lassie thing..."What's the matter girl, is Timmy stuck in the well?"



Then Yoga-Gal pops out of the water and makes her way to shore. Puts her hair back in the ponytail and disappears.

Hmmm.

Well, in our travels down the beach I had emailed Sleeping-Beauty twice to come on down cause it was so pretty and the waves were huge…and to bring me some damn coffee! I figured it was after 10:00 so she must be up by now, right? Wrong…I found a place to sit down and sent Sandman-Poppy another email. Then Jax started to shiver so I figured it was time to go home.

So yeah, as I’m walking back, I can’t see that log. I thought maybe it was hidden by a little sand dune or a pile of hypodermic needles, but no, it wasn’t.

Here’s the log…or should I say that old lady's freakin tea table!


It’s probably half a football field from where I thought it was…and where F are my shoes you flexible, healthy old bag?? Too bad Jax doesn’t know “Find my shoes.” Guess I'm gonna get to feel just how healthy it is to walk barefoot on asphalt!


Yeah, I finally found my shoes. But I did walk home barefoot just in case it would make me more healthy. About halfway home I stepped on a rock. Damn that hurt! According to the reflexology foot map, the shooting pains I was feeling are located in my Gonads. You know, I’ve always wondered if I were intersexed. Guess that answers that question, doesn’t it?

Okay, so the plan for the day was to head to the Castro so Poindexter-Poppy could get her hairs cut. Here’s how that went…




I KNOW, RIGHT? This cut was meant for Depression-Era-Poppy! The gig was she wore her hair this way long before I met her. She used to have it maintained by a Barber so that’s where we went…to Louis’ Barber Shop. Introvert-Poppy was feeling kind of nervous and wanted me to be her “Hair Advocate”. So to break the ice when we walked in, I looked at both of the Barbers (Cameron and Steve) and said “I’d like the Jennifer Aniston, can you do that?” They both kind of stuttered…and then I told them I was joshing. Steve said something about not having done anything like that since he was in cosmetology school.

As Cameron worked his magic, the guy sitting next to me said “I didn’t realize she was getting that much cut off! Oh, this is going to be fun to watch!”

A fun time was had by all!

Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment