Monday, November 4, 2013

Ever heard of lamb breast?

I hadn't.  Not until we went to a winery in Lake County that also has their own happy lamb for sale.  It's called a breast, but it's really little lamb riblets...and are they good!

First you put those ribbies in a dutch oven with some garlic, dry white wine and cinnamon.  Cover with water and bring it to an almost boil.  Then they go into a 285 degree oven.  Since I have an oven that isn't digital, my choices were 275 or 300 so I got as close as I could.  They stayed in the oven for 2 hours.  Are you wondering why it's cooked at 285?  That's because the recipe was for a C oven instead of an F oven so Mathematics-Poppy had to do the conversion.



Then came the BBQ sauce.  That had some tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, garlic powder, brown sugar and probably some other junk I can't remember.


Took them out of the oven and then GrillMasta-Poppy took over.  Out on the grill they went, along with some veggies...


Just a little NOM!

Here's what it looked like in Virginia last week:



We went and hung out with Poppy's clan.  We pretty much ate NOM NOM food and I mostly sat around.  Honey-Do-Poppy and Brother-Bill kept themselves busy playing with electronicals most of the time.  Made me want to poke myself in the eyeball...more than a lot!

Ever get an ingrown hair/pimple thing in your armpit?  Freakin hurts!

Check this out...me, Hunter-Gatherer-Poppy and Cabin-Fever-Jax took a little walk on the beach.  We saw a seagull fighting with something so we went to investigate...

Dinner!


So, I think the reason I don't blog very much anymore is because this blog site has become more and more difficult to navigate.  I don't know what's causing it, but I'm going to search around for a different blog site.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment