Friday, November 22, 2013

Let's talk about Cat...

I know I’m supposed to talk about food, but we’ve been on the soup diet, so I’ve got nothing to share.

Instead, I thought I’d talk about Cat. Generally, I find Cat to be somewhat annoying. That’s probably because I’m a control freak and when I want something, I want it now. I don’t think I should have to wait for Cat to feel like paying attention to me. I also don’t think that Cat should be able to crawl all over me when I don’t want Cat to do that…and then Cat wants to crawl on me even more.

In Cat’s defense, when I had an apartment, having Cat was nice cause I lived alone and Cat was a companion…of sorts.

Now that I’m a homo-owner, we now have Jax. Jax comes when I call. Jax lets me pet her tummy whenever I want. Jax never scratches me. Jax never misses the catbox. Jax doesn’t barf hairballs on the carpet. Jax is Dog! Well, we still have Cat. One Cat in particular; that would be our aging little girl, Roger.

Roger was originally Poppy’s Cat. She was very standoffish towards me, but over time, I won her over and now she loves me, in her own special Cat way.

Now that Roger is a Senior-Citizen-Cat, she’s getting a little senile. She would walk around the house in the middle of the night meowing very loud. So, we finally had to move her to the garage. Don’t worry; she gets the run of the house and backyard during the day.

Anyway, the point I’m trying to get make is that we set her up with a heated bed on top of the dryer. She loved it…for a while, but then decided she didn’t. We’d find her sitting on the cold washer. We felt bad cause it seemed that’s where she would sleep all night long…Until, one day; I was doing laundry and found her in the laundry basket. So we set her up with her own laundry basket.


She was good there until I rearranged the blankies, then she stopped sleeping there and went back to the washer. Then we thought, well, maybe she’s warm. But she’s pretty much skin and bones so she’s got to be cold. Then we set her up with the heated bed and this pillow thing…


Nope, not working. Now, how much more time will be spent trying to figure out what will make Cat happy? Well, as much time as it takes, I guess.

Then a few weeks ago, we couldn’t find her. I should also mention she’s deaf so won’t come out of wherever she is, even if we yell her name.

So, guess where I found her sleeping now?’


Yeah, my tool bag! That can’t be comfy, but she seems to love it, so I’m not making any adjustments to make it better for her. Why? Because she is Cat!

Now, check out Evee:


I don’t think Evee cares where or when she sleeps. She is Puppy!


And her parents:


Such the handsome couple. I still can’t believe Nephew is all grown up and having sex and stuff. It was just yesterday he was a baby and I was babysitting him; how he cried when I got his little chest skin caught in the zipper of his sleeper…and how he pooped the color chartreuse after I fed him blueberries.

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment