Tuesday, November 26, 2013

GSTV...Seriously?!

It's been going on for a while, but when I was at the gas station today it really started bugging me. Gas Station T.V.


Why do we need Gas Station T.V.? All it did was get me all confused when I was trying to answer all the questions just to be able to pump the gas. I put the credit card strip in facing the wrong way, I punched in the wrong zip code cause I couldn't hear the beeping of the thing accepting each number. By the way, our zip code is now 94111116. I pressed the “yes” button for a receipt. I didn’t want a receipt, but Mr. Gas-Station-TV-Anchor-Guy’s rambling totally threw me off my game.

Then, once I’d finished and was putting on my gloves and stuff, guess what I hear from Mr.-Gas-Station-TV-Anchor-Guy say? “Don’t forget to come inside and check out our fall line of snacks and beverages!” For real? I had no idea that snacks and beverages had a season; did you?

Well, Thanksgiving is just about here.


Thanksgiving, scooter-style!

Again, like past years, I went in search of plain bread cubes for Mom’s Stuffing recipe. Again, I came up empty-handed…so like last year, I’m making my own cube-ees:


It feels kind of rednecky, but it works so well. That thar dehumidifier makes rock-hard bread cubes in a matter of hours!

The other day I took the little dog to the beach. Check it out:


Art can be such a subjective thing, right? So now I’m wondering, who or what do you think made this? A child? A serial killer? A wicked-smart seagull?

If it were a child, I’d give him /her points for composition, but definitely think they need therapy. If it were a serial killer; what are you doing out of prison? If it were a seagull, I’m not walking on that beach anymore!

This little girl just loves her mama! Okay, she just wants the food that mama is playing with to fall on the floor…


Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment