Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I am such a jerk!

This is the door to our area (that would be mine and BK's).


It looks like a normal door and it is, accept for the stoopid lock on the door.  When you shut the door, the door automatically locks and then it's really hard to unlock. I know I could call and put a work order in and the locksmith guy would come to fix it, but this lock has been nothing but trouble and I don't want to bug the locksmith guy about it.  I'm not even sure why we need a lock on the door to begin with.  Besides, we didn't even have a doorknob on the door for the first six months after we moved in.

Anyway, I leave the door open so there aren't any problems...until yesterday.  It's not even a big deal, really.  When I came to work yesterday, after being gone for two weeks, the door was closed and yes, locked.  Right away, a little twinge of panic set in cause I knew I was going to have to spend the next ten minutes playing with the lock.  So, I did.

Then today, I get to the parking lot and I'm already stressing about the door being locked.  Sure enough, it's locked.  I figure the janitor is doing it.  I figure, maybe that's how they remember they cleaned an office...they shut the door when they are done.  Seems reasonable only, I don't want the door shut.

Now I spend the next few minutes contemplate letting the building manager know about the shut door and how I don't want it shut cause of the stoopid lock.  I know if I have that conversation, she's going to wonder why I don't put in a work order for the lock...blah, blah, blah...

So, I come to the conclusion, I'll just leave the key in the door and deal with it cause I really don't want to tell the building manager that I don't want the door shut cause of the stoopid lock and that I'm too lazy to deal with it...and how would the janitor feel if they get told not to shut the door?  Bet they'd think I'm being an ass and OCD for wanting the door open anyway.  It's just a stoopid door!

I stopped thinking about it and went on to think about more important stuff...like what I was going to do for dinner?

I swear, no sooner did I drop the thought when a guy came walking in my area.  He introduced himself.  He's from the janitorial company and let me know we have a new janitor and was everything alright...

COD-DUH, it just came spilling out of my mouth about the stoopid lock and that I wanted the door left open...and as the shit is coming out of my mouth I'm thinking how I sound like a complete entitled jerk...so I start back-peddling "No, really don't bother mentioning it to the new person.  It's not a big deal...but if maybe he/she could leave the door open, but really, it's not a big deal...I'm not sure why I'm even bringing it up...it's just the lock is sticky..." Now I can't shut my mouth to save myself.  He's looking at me like I'm crazy-cat-lady or something.

Then he asks me if everything else is okay like carpets and garbage.  Yeah, so crazy-cat-lady starts going overboard with how well the garbage gets picked up...oh, and maybe that's why the janitor shuts the door so they know they emptied the garbage in my office...oh, and how so sorry I am when I put composting in the recycling can and recycling in the garbage can, and then I feel the need to tell him I'm one of the composting stewards...Now he's got that she's-a-crazy-cat-lady-serial-killer look on his face again.

Then he ran out of here.  I'm surprised I didn't chase after him with my garbage cans.

COD-DUH!!

Oh, we're having steak and salad for dinner.

1 comment: