Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's Friday...

Well, it is for me! Yep, Homesick-Poppy is in the air and on her way home. The last time I heard from her was yesterday. They'd had Margarita night. Here's Cousin-Autumn:



I saw an email from Cousin-Autumn to Poison-Poppy that said "I won't be having another margarita for a couple of years!" She's going to hate me for posting this.

This past weekend was a Dad weekend, as you know. We took a drive on Sunday. I wanted to find the mosaic stairs. I found them and they are cool! When Volksmarch-Poppy gets back in the groove, we're going walk up them.



I'm sure you've noticed that Fatass' eating habits have not suffered without her LuvBacon. She made a couple of really good dishes this week.

Here is a play on the huevos rancheros:



Dad and I had taco night on Sunday, so on Monday, I took the leftovers and Viola!

Check this out...I had some lamb chops. I had some mint sauce in the fridge too, but it has sugar in it. So, I made my own...

1 handful mint leaves, finely chopped with about a teaspoon of Truvia
3 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
1 teaspoon balsamic

Mix it up.

I took the lamb chops and marinated them in 3 sprigs of rosemary, chopped garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. I grilled them in a cast iron grill pan.



Freakin NOM!

Have I mentioned Homesick-Poppy is coming home? I emailed Carb-Overloaded-Poppy and asked if she wanted anything special in the house for when she gets back. She said "Wine and steak!" The next day she said they never had taco night there so she wants taco night too.

Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment