Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm Baaaaack...

We're all moved in! It was a whirl-wind of fun. The very nice Irish boys showed up on Thursday to pack us. It was all going well, until Poppy showed Mark-The-Packer the garage. He said "Aw fook me!" Then throughout the day whenever one of them found another unpacked cupboard you'd hear more things like "shite" and another ever-popular "Fook".

So, we're not exactly unpacked but I just finished the last box of kitchen stuff. I'm afraid we didn't downsize enough.

Here's the most important room in the house:

Yep, that's right, Mama's shoes have their very own room. Every time I go to the Shoes Glorious Shoes Room (and I visit it a lot), a tear comes to my eye. There is even room for shelves so I can buy more Shoes Glorious Shoes!!!

Okay, but we know the real important room for me is the kitchen:

We had Jeanette and Jeff come over the other night to see The New Kasa Kecky. Jeff-The-Appliance-King took a look at the Wedgewood. His advice to us was to have someone come out and clean it and make sure all the safety-guards work and then put it on Craigslist. He thinks we can get about $5,000 for it. Jeanette thinks we should have it cleaned and not sell it. The burners and grill work, but oven and broiler are a wee bit of a health hazard right now. It really is a very nice piece!

Let's move onto the living room:

It too is in shambles, but Poppy is diligently working on it...well, right now, she's diligently working on some work stuff.

Steve-The-Comcast-Cable-Guy was out yesterday. He was here for almost 4 hours. He was quite the talker. At one point, I went out to water the front bark (there are some plants, but I think they're dead) and saw him standing by the telephone pole across the street. He asked if I had a ladder. I said I did, but it was at the other house. He said his ladder is a pain to get out of his truck. Next thing I see is him shimmying up the pole to get to the first rung. He got all the way up and then said that he didn't realize how high up it was and he hoped he could get down. I decided it was a good time to go water the backyard.

The service call window was 2-4. I can't remember what time he showed up. But our plan was after he left to hit happy hour at the Parkside Tavern cause they've got $1 oysters from 4-6, Mon-Fri. At 5:55 Steve-The-Comcast-Cable-Guy was still here. Poppy looked at me and said "Let's call the bar and have them hold two dozen for us." I didn't want to do that. We ended up having Korean BBQ and it was NOM!!

Moving on, let's take a look at what will be the formal dining room:

Oh, the closet in this room also houses my dresser.

If you're wondering what the bright light is in all the pics; it's the sun!!!!!

Most of the walls need some paint and the seller was nice enough to Spackle the holes. I think he started it and then his wife told him to stop cause she evidently hates us. Whatever!

I've also successfully hooked up and leveled the gas dryer and washer. We're using our washer and their dryer (cause it's gas). If I want to use my dryer, we'll have to have the house wired for 220 volt.

Tomorrow's goal is to find the box with the toilet paper in it.

I will leave you with this little picture of Sister-Mary-Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer or is it Rocky-The-Cheese-Connesewer or how about Little-Old-Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer-Lady?

Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment