Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Exciting Episode Of Keeping Up With The Kecky's


So Poppy has deserted me to go play with MomJean in Oregon and Washington State areas. I've been left with a long list of chores to do before she comes back. All of which I completed yesterday!

One of my projects was to install the doggie door to the door that leads to the garage and then cut another hole in the door that goes to the backyard. Both were fraught with challenges but the job is done.

Now, most of you know our little sensitive Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer. Since she's a rescue dog, she's got a few issues; strange things like noises or anything out of the ordinary causes her to go to her "special place." She pretty much checks out and will go find her bed.

After I installed the doggie door, it was time to show her how to use it. I'd already taught her "push-it, push-it real good" when I wanted her to push a door open. I figured this would be a good segue to the doogie door lesson. Well, she didn't want anything to do with it. She was okay if I held the flap up for her but if I shut it, she'd just sit there, wine and stomp her feet. So I had to get the big guns out. I got the cheese and sat on the other side of the door. She wanted that cheese so bad. Took a few minutes with lots of whining but she jumped through! When she came to get her cheese, I could see her eyes were all wet and teary. I made my baby cheese-connesewer cry. I felt horrible!! I'm a bad mommy!



So now came Roger's turn. Cats are smart, they get everything. I shoved her out the door. I figured she'd got the hang of it so I left her out in the garage. Hours went buy and she was still out there. I went down to find her sitting by the door. So I tried to show her how to get in. Now she's pissed and hissing at me. I left her there figuring she'd get it. She was still in the garage this morning and now I think she's going to scratch my eyeballs out. I emailed Poppy and she suggests I tape up the flap until they get used to it. So that's what I'm going to do...if I'm still alive.

Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment