Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy Freakin Minkey Holidays!

Why, why, why must I be tortured so?!

After arriving at Aunt Kathy and Uncle Ken's and settling in, it was time for bed.  Look what awaited me...



I didn't sleep a wink wondering if that seemingly cute rubber bathtub freakin minkey is going to scratch my eyeballs out!

Then, one night, while saying goodnight to MomJean and Adrienne what do I see in the Holiday Bush poised and ready to scratch my eyeballs out?



Bastard!

While we were in Virginia and before everyone got sick, we went to the movies.  In attendance were me, Anti-Scurvy-Poppy, Just-Tell-Me Where-To-Park-Ken, Chef-And-All-Things-Planning-And-Logistics-Kathy, Please-Play-Words-With-Friends-With-Me-Adrienne and I-Brake-For -Hobbits-MomJean.  Three out of six wanted to see that hobbit movie and three did not.  Guess which group I was in?  

After the Non-Hobbits (aka, the cool kids) finished up with Jack Reacher (Tom Cruise ranks just above a hobbit in my book) we headed over to the Plough and Hearth store where I hear some lady say "How much are the Sock-Monkey napkins?"  WTF??



Then came time to open the pressys...


Ack!!

Roger wants to kill it.  Good girl!

Again I say why, why, why?!

Chef-Kathy and I cooked a whole bunch...well, I helped anyway:



Look what else I got!!!


That's carbon steel, no less!  Slice meat so thin you're in-laws will never come back!  Give you a dollar if you can tell me what commercial that is from.

Okay, then it was Christmas day...


Purty!

So, Trickey family tradition is to have these Sausage-Cheesy-Ball things on Christmas morning.  Please don't demote me from Favorite-Niece status, Katie, but I didn't eat any...


Everyone else just loves them!  I wonder if Hobbits and Minkey's like them?  Maybe if they eat them, they'd get the bloat and die!

Okay, now it was time for the second leg of our trip, which was an 8 hour drive to Landrum, South Carolina.  Because half of the party had come down with the Kansas-Kold, they stayed back in Virgina.  The rest of us forged a head and after reaching our destination, one by one we started to fall victim to the Kansas-Kold.  I was still among the living for New Years Eve.

Poppy's other aunt and uncle, Ed and LeAnne put on this crazy fun pig roast NYE party every year.  Here's the where the piggy is being roasted...

Mmmm...

A good time was had by all, even though the Typhoid Train came to town.

Say, ever get some really stupid gifts from some really self-important-self-centered-love-to-hear-themselves-talk-relatives that you have no intention of keeping?

BOOM!


Who would make this and more importantly, why would someone buy this?  I don't think it's cute or funny.  Well, about as funny as bringing a Glock 9mm with a high-capacity magazine to a party...

Yo, the views and opinions expressed in this blog do not necessarily reflect those of any person related to the blogger by blood, domestic partnership or relation to domestic partner.

By the time we got home, I'd been struck down by the Kansas-Kold and that's probably why this post is pretty lame.  More when I'm feeling better.

Ho Ho Freakin Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment