Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Let's talk about migrating clouds...

A few weeks back my place of work "upgraded" our computer system to something called "Office 365".  Near as I can understand it, it has taken our I.T. stuff and migrated it to a cloud.  Just saying the words "migrating to a cloud" makes me feel old.  All this new-fangled technology junk.  Where is my rotary dial phone and my Funk and Wagnnals encyclopedias??

Quick story about the Funk and Wagnnals...when I was a kid, our local grocery store was doing a promotion where you could collect volumes of the Funk and Wagnalls encyclopedia set.  My Mom was doing so well, but took too long and the promotion ended.  We got most of the set...up to "F".  Ask me any question about any subject from A to F and I can tell you all about it!

Back to the migration...Me no likey this cloud.  I'm getting lots of junk email, but none of the important emails that I need.  Also, I'm no longer able to email myself, or anyone else, a picture from the camera in my iPhone.  I thought all my stuff was going to my Quarantine, but since the migration, the Quarantine doesn't exist any longer.  So, I guess all my stuff is floating in a cloud somewhere.  For some reason, I keep looking up to the sky.  This is weird.  Oh, and if you ask me...and nobody did, this cloud thing is just an inferior excuse to lay off more people.

So, here I am, writing my blog with no photographic documentation.  It sucks and it's boring.  Check it out...

Remember that really stupid gift from some really self-important-self-centered-love-to-hear-themselves-talk-relatives that you have no intention of keeping that we got?  Well, another family member got one too...

BOOM!

[Insert pic of really stupid Elvis impersonator garden gnome here]

Hmmm, not quite the same is it?

In keeping with my New Year starting off less than satisfactory, after I was starting to feel better, our little dog got sick.  Evidently, she either got stung by a bee or bit by a spider.  See?

[Insert pic of Lumpy here]

Oh, right, you can't see it.

Damn.

Well, I've been cooking too.  Made some oven-carnitas yesterday and they were NOM!

[Insert pic of mouth-watering carnitas here]

Oh, and the carnitas tacos that I made:

[Um, insert pic of tacos here]

Crap, they look really good too!  It's as if we were in the Mission, only different.

So there you have it.  Technology at it's finest.

Remember this, you get what you pay for!

Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment