Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Are you tellin me...

I can't believe Huell Howser is gone.  Seester and Bro-N-Law originally turned me onto him in Caaaaleeefornya's Gold.  The guy was so fun to watch.  He was quoted as "Magnificently Unslick".  I thought he was kind of cool in a goofy way.

Doomsday-Poppy had to point out that he was only 67 when he died and that's just a short 15 years away from where we are now.  Okay, I don't think she was being Doomsday-Poppy, she was just pointing out that life is short so we'd best enjoy it.

And that brings me to my next topic...why am I sick?!

This was supposed to be Fatass' big kick-off to the New Year and now she's two days behind.  She was supposed to go back to work yesterday, but never made it far from the couch or bed.  She is pissed!

There's only so much you can do when you're sick...thank the Cods for the Internets.  I went on a small shopping spree.

I bought a new messenger bag:

And a new watch:
Why did I buy a watch like this?  Well, because I have my Nephew-Lucas tattoo where a watch would go on my wrist and I love to see said tattoo, so this watch will go on my belt loop or my new messenger bag.  I was torn between the blue watch or this orange one:

I had to consult with Senior-Graphic-Designer-Poppy for a decision.  She chose the blue watch.  Maybe I should have got the gray watch since the accents on the bag are gray.  Hmmm, I don't want to be too matchy-matchy.

I also placed an order for chai tea spices with my favorite herb place, sfherb.com.  See, while we were at Aunt Kathy and Uncle Ken's, I discovered they were both massive tea lovers, like myself.  They had a whole big drawer full of all kinds of teas...it was like the tea mecca, only different.  Also, Tea-Masta-Ken has this fancy tea pot maker thing.  You put the water and the tea in and hit a few buttons and the tea basket automatically keeps lowering and raising the tea until it's at the desired strength you want.  Very cool.

Anyway, Tea-Masta-Ken also has his own recipe for Chai Tea.  Not just NOM, but HABIT-FORMING-NOM (that's even better than INFINITY NOM).

Want the recipe?  Of course you do!

Uncle-Tea-Masta-Ken's Cha-Cha-Cha-Chai-Tea

½ Tbsp dried ginger
1 tsp whole cloves, crushed
1 tsp peppercorns, crushed
½ tsp dried orange peel
4 berries whole allspice
1 tsp ground (not powdered) cinnamon
½ Tbsp cardamom seeds (not whole pods)

Mix well; store in an airtight container in a dark place.

When ready to brew, use one tsp per cup of tea. Split this mix half-and-half with the tea (or other infusion). Brew at 212 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes alone, then add the tea (or other infusion) and brew again at the optimum temperature and time for the tea.

Example: For 4 cups of black chai tea, brew two tsp of this mix at 212 degrees F. for 10 minutes, then add two tsp black tea leaves and brew again at 212 degrees F. for 5 minutes.

For 4 cups of non-caffeinated cinnamon chai herbal tea, add two tsp of ground cinnamon to two tsp of this mix, and brew at 212 degrees F. for 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

Let's see, what else did I do yesterday...Nothing, that's what.

So now that We're-Not-Going-To-Live-Forever-Poppy gave us a death sentence, what does enjoying the rest of our short lives look like?  Well, for starters, it wouldn't include working for nine hours a day, now would it? It also wouldn't include having the pressure of paying a mortgage and other bills.  What else? Let's see...Oh yeah!

I'd eat what I want and more than a 4oz portion;
I'd drink what I wanted and in mass quantities;
I'd smoke if I wanted and I'd blow the smoke in a small child's face (preferably, I child I didn't like), just kidding...sort of;
I wouldn't wear a helmet;
I'd eat lots of fish and not watch out for bones;
I wouldn't floss;
I'd run with scissors in one hand, a pencil in the other and a sucker in my mouth;
I'd play with my "thing" to see if my hand really falls off;
I'd eat raw cookie dough until it makes me sick;
I'd kick my shoes off without untying the Goddamn laces;
I'd leave the refrigerator door open until all the cold air gets let out;
I'd flush a feminine product down someone else's toilet just to see what happens (strike that, I already know what happens);
I'd eat a gut-bomb burrito and then go swimming;
Safety would be second; oh, and
I'd only chew my food 26 times.

But really, if I were serious about enjoying the rest of my allotted 15 years, I'd be like Moses (hold the God stuff) and walk the land with my Shepherd-Poppy and Jax-Dog-Is-My-Co-Pilot at our sides. I need to figure out a plan for Roger.  She's not good for walking long distances...

Have I mentioned that I'm bored?

Hey, check out my cool knot tying skills!


Like all minkeys, he freakin deserved it!

I made faux Tom Yum soup...good for what ails you.  I didn't slice my shiitakes thin enough though. Other than that, it was pretty good.  Put lots of chili in it too.



Well, I've worn myself out and need a nap.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment