Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Why are weekends so short?

My weekend started at about 1:30 on Friday afternoon.  Off to visit my old friend, Jeannie.  I'm sure I've mentioned this before, we've been friends for over 30 years. She lives Sacramento...where it's about 100 degrees.  Remember how anything over 68 is a heatwave for me?  Yeah, this is HOT!

I stopped in at Jeannie's store (Food Source) to do grocery shopping for the weekend.  Got the fixings for a steak salad for Friday night and Buffalo wings on Saturday night.

Then I went to Jeannie's house to prep dinner before she got home.  I get there and find my room.  Know how I found my room?


Here's her living room:




I know you're thinking WTF?  Well, I'm not at all surprised by the living room, given the fact that she really likes the minkey.  But the bedroom was a cruel joke.

Oh, then we get in the car...


I evidently gave this to her as a gift.  It's a slingshot minkey.  When you throw it and it hits someone...say Pamela Deis' back it makes this shrieking screaming noise.  Right Dead-Eye-Poppy?

Whatever.

So, the steak salad was really good, but the Buffalo wings were crazy NOM.  My best ever.

I call this Buffalo Wing Carnage.


When I got home on Sunday, Poppy and Puppy were out for a walk.  When they came home, I was unpacking and doing my usual weekend laundry.  When I came upstairs, I found this:

Jaxibal Lecter!


I know you're asking yourself why we would even think of putting a muzzle on our sweet little dog. I will tell you why...She's allowed to ride on MUNI if she has a muzzle on.  This is just a loose little fabric thing that we would remove once we were on the bus or street car.  Now I need to research BART's pet policy.

So remember how I got the PureSleep snore stopper thing and how it worked great until I developed a TMJ disorder?  Well, sleeping hasn't been great since then.  I took the sleep apnea test and flunked it; meaning no C-PAP machine for me.  In talking to Dr. Dreamy-Farmer, he said he could make me a custom stop-snoring mouth guard.  Here it is:



$1,500 later...it fits on the bottom teeth and that part in the middle pushes the tongue down so it doesn't slide to the back of your throat.  Note, if you have any kind of gag reflex, this is not the thing for you.

It will take many adjustments (adding acrylic to push the tongue further and further down) but once it's done it should cure my snoring.  I wore it last night for the first time.  Needs major adjusting.  I was making some really weird noises.  Plus, you can't really swallow when you have it in.  That's interesting, especially if you don't fall asleep really fast.  Fun fact: did you know you don't salivate while you sleep?  At least that's what I was told by Dr. Dreamy-Farmer and I'll believe anything he tells me!  Anyway, I woke up twice to swallow, once making that really weird noise and then I finally took it out.  Next adjustment is on Thursday.

How about another installment of "Our New Office".  Things were going so good...until I tried to print a letter on letterhead and an envelope.  Here's the problem:



This is the Xerox WorkCenter 6400, aka Stupid Printer.  Well, it's not just a printer but a fax and scanner too.  But who cares?  Yesterday, I spent the afternoon first trying to print a letter and then an envelope.  Mind you, I'd just had training on this Stupid Printer an hour before I tried to do these two very simple tasks.  Thing is, I'm pretty savvy when it comes to my computer, printer and copy machines.  I started to worry in the training when she said "When you print a letter on letterhead, you need to go into printer preferences and choose letterhead.  Then you go to the printer and choose letterhead"

Let me channel Dad for a moment..."Why the hell would I need to go into printer preferences, punch a bunch of buttons and then punch a bunch of buttons on the printer?"  I should be able to stick a piece of letterhead or envelope in and hit one button.

Then I stared thinking of my people and trying to explain to them how to print a letter or an envelope.  This just isn't going to fly.  I asked the lady for a quick and dirty way to print such things.  She told me to just choose the Bypass Tray.  That's a load of BS cause it didn't work!

After two hours of trying to print that stupid envelope, the Stupid Printer broke.  That was yesterday.  First thing this morning, FFM-Laurie and I were at it again.  She managed to get the envelope to start to print, but then it jammed, twice.  They finally got my Stupid Printer up and running.  I was also able to print an envelope, it jammed too and after I removed it I went to stuff the contents in the envelope and the address smeared all over it.  Seems our new stationary is made of some kind of paper/plastic blend.  Did I care, no (sorry STT), I could still read the address on the envelope, well except the parts that were all over my fingers. I mailed the F__ing thing anyway.

In the midst of all this, I told my co-worker to hand write his stupid letter and envelope!

Fun times!


No comments:

Post a Comment