Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Our New Office...

After being in our new office for two days, I've discovered a few things.  One of the most exciting things I discovered was in the bathroom.  Check it out:


This is the Xlerator Hand Dryer.  If you've never felt the power of an Xlerator, you've not lived.  Here's the deal with the Xlerator...some years back, A-Younger-Poppy and I were out with friends, Amy W. and Kevin (they have since moved to Brooklyn and have broken up.) at Kennedy's in North Beach.  I went to use the restroom and Amy told me to make sure I checked out the Xlerator.  So I did.  The power was awesome.  At the time I had long hair and thought it would be fun to stick my head under it...so I did.  My hair looked like I'd been in a Cat 5 or stuck my wet finger in a light socket.  Next time you're in the potty and you see the Xlerator try it!!

Okay, even though I love the Xlerator, the bathroom is located right outside the main conference room which has floor to ceiling glass.  I hate, hate, hate having to do #1 or #2 with an audience.  It's kind of like when construction workers have to use the Blue Room on the curb...it's just weird.  Also, that Xlerator is so powerful, I can hear it all the way back at my desk on the other side of the building.

I found that I'd rather eat my lunch cold rather than go all the way to the basement to heat it up.

I found that someone is using one of our precious filing cabinets in the basement to store their clothes.  Gross.  Wonder who?

I found that anyone who walks by my doorway has to look at me.  Not to worry STT, I'm not talking about you.  I like it when you look inside and even when you come talk to me, makes me feel less lonely.

I found that since I'm not in the Executive Office anymore, I can't hear any of the good stuff that's going on.

I found that I miss FFM-Laurie.

I love where I'm sitting and I love the open airy feeling of the place.

I don't love motion-sensor neon lights.  I don't like neon lights and I can't figure out how to keep them off.  Did you know that neon lights can trigger a migraine?  I was going to tape a piece of black paper over the sensor, but then when the janitorial folks come at night, they won't be able to see.

That's all I can think of at the moment and I think I'm done with writing about our new digs.

Happy 4th of July, by the way.  Today, I started the day by spatchcocking one of those expensive happy chickens.  It's going to get cooked in a cast iron pan with thyme, rosemary, sage, some celery, onion and garlic.  Then I weeded the front yard and relocated a dying cactus.  I fertilized that cactus and also fertilized our dying palm tree.  I think our soil in the front is toxic.  After that, I stripped the bed...with a little help...


Then I cleaned the house.  Now, I get to relax.


Oh, wait, I put this together too.  It's for our new workout routine.  You can do chin-ups, pull-ups; you can take it off the doorway and put it on the floor and do crunches and push-ups.  You can even buy Ab-Straps to go on it too. Unfortunately, Fatass can't do any of those things yet because, well, she's Fatass!



You know, Fatass will never give up the dream of being a sin fwench woman!  (I don't know why the text appears like that.  Stupid blog.)

Speaking of sin Fwench women...Dad and I went bowling last night followed by dinner at Denny's.  I noticed, while I was eating my bunless cheese burger and green salad, that 99% of the folks eating at Denny's were obese.  Hmmm.

Well, time for me to watch BBQ Pitmasters!

Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment