Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Well I've been so busy and now have a free moment to write...Yeah, BK is somewhere in South America so, when the cats away...just kidding.  I've been working on our new area so thought I'd let you know what I've done, well, purchased so far to make our unhappy little home a little more unhappy...yet functional.  Don't get me wrong, you know I love my digs but I'm a minority.

Now that I'm on the subject of that...and what a sensagive subject it is!  I'm starting to feel the same way I did when it was "Bad Mood Sunday" growing up. That was when my Mom was in such a bad mood, we all had to suffer for it.  I'm walking on eggshells here.  I can't say anything nice about the place to anyone cause they'll find 12 other things that are wrong.  Some folks I don't even want to talk too...I started to notice I walk through the office with my head down trying to make small so I don't disturb anyone.  I'm stuck in my own little prison of happiness.  I just want Mommy-BK to come home!

Okay, back to my shopping spree...

Human nature/ingenuity is such a funny thing.  Give someone a square room, a chair and computer and they'll work wonders.  So, first order of business...

We needed an in/out box and an organizer for the Stupid-Machine:



I'm going with black metal mesh. I think it works best with our state of the art Cubeland.

Next, I had to get myself a pencil sharpener and my co-worker a mouse pad:



That's right, I'm like a 5 year-old and I like to write some stuff in pencil.  I mostly doodle, like today in our AV Training.



Wonder which mouse pad she'll chose?  I know, you're on pins and needles...wait for it...wait for it...


She went with the leaves...said it reminded her of home were it was warm.

What else...Oh, we need a coat rack:


The cubes have an added glass piece at the top for more privacy, so one of those nifty little coat hanger hook things won't fit and since some of us can't hang our coats on our chair, I ordered this.  I opted not to get one without an umbrella holder.  I figured that would open up a whole can of worms with having a wet floor...a slipping hazard, really.  Safety first!

So now that folks have settled in, I'm afraid Bad-Mood-Everyday has gotten worse.  We have a phone room.  This is where you can take and make phone calls in private.  Unfortunately, someone likes to use the speaker phone and yell at it, so now I have to purchase...



Yep, a wireless headset with extra ear sponges so we can each have one.  Hygiene first!

Say, any idea how loud a carrot sounds when you eat it in Cubeland?



It's deafening!  Wanna know what eating a gooshy banana sounds like in Cubeland?  No, you don't.

I think if all this crap keeps up, I'm going to have to apply for a Comfort Dog License and bring my sweet little Jax to work so I can be happy and comforted.  Sounds like a plan to me.





See, don't you feel comforted and happy?  I do.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment