Sunday, June 3, 2012

Christmas Lights...

When we were kids and it was time to decorate the Christmas tree, there was that part where Dad would have to put the lights on the tree.  I dreaded this every year, just like anything else electronical that he would set up.  It was always fraught with problems and then cursing would ensue...followed by a really bad mood.  These were the times I'd run and hide.

So now as an adult, when it comes to setting up anything electronical, I'll still run and hide...only this time, Component-Poppy needs help.  Our receiver died and we bought a new one so she's trying to set it up.  I'm getting a stress headache.


This has been going on for about the last 4 hours...I'm worried we'll miss the season finale of Game of Thrones!!! Not to mention, I've got a spectacular dinner planned that will involve grilling.  Ain't no way Persistent-Poppy will give up on this  receiver thing until she figures it out.  Currently, there is "no supported video signal" but we do have volume.  Boo!

Anyway, my spectacular dinner consists of ribeyes and marinated peppers, zucchini and spring onions.  We've not had steak in a very long time.

Yesterday was the grand finale of my 50th birthday celebrations...headed to Seester and Bro-n-Law's for a day of fun and chicken and dumplings!  So crazy good.






Seester tried to send us home with leftovers, but Low-Carb-Poppy and I said no way!  Gotta get back on track...even though as I'm writing this, my mouth is watering at the memory of the chicken and dumplings!

Say, Perturbed-Poppy just said (from behind the TV) "I'm feeling lost."  Now she keeps repeating "Video in...Video in."  I think I may be heading down to Seester's to catch the season finale...I just voted that she put the old receiver back.  It still works, just doesn't have surround sound.

Hmmm, not much else going on.  Enjoy your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment