Friday, June 22, 2012

Moving Day Is Almost Here Again...

I can't help it, I can't stop lamenting about this stupid move.  I've been up at 4:00am everyday this week...I'm having dreams about it.  One of the things I didn't mention before was that we're going from an office environment to an open cubefarm environment.  Have you ever tried to take a lawyer out of an office and place them in a cubefarm?  No, you haven't because it's not done.  Okay, it might be done at Google, but I bet you $20 that lawyer rides his skateboard to work!

We've been given newsletters on the proper etiquette of living in a cubefarm.  The last dream I had was BK handed me a note that read "You talk too loud."

I was taking a tour with Tyler, the gal that is helping me with placement of all our files and bookshelves.  Guess what?  We don't have room for all of it.  Uh oh...

Anyway, I've been very busy packing myself...and others, bless her heart.


I will mention here that STT has been my star packer.  I've not had to worry about one little thing with her.  Yay!!

But, here's where it starts to get good...well, not good, it really sucked.  We were asked by a few office volunteers to get all our food stuffs out of the kitchen cabinets and the fridge/freezer so that it could all be cleaned up for the move.  There were many of these signs posted at least two weeks prior to the deadline.


Now, when I read this, I interpreted it to say clean out all your junk.  That's what I did, see...


Someone else in our department did not interpret it that way, obviously because this person is a lawyer, everything is up for interpretation/negotiation.  This person interpreted this sign to mean that they should take only the stuff they want and leave the rest for the volunteers to deal with.

Ever notice in an office that it's the same three or four people who volunteer for everything?

So, guess what I spent a fair amount of time doing yesterday?




Mind you, before I took this pic, I'd filled up two industrial size garbage cans worth of old food.  We even asked this person if they were sure they got everything out of the cupboards.  The reply was "Yes, thanks."  Then later, that person commented to me what a good job "They" did with the kitchen.  What's up with that?

On the bright side, after today we'll have 3 more days of packing and then Adventure-Poppy and I will hit the road for a well-deserved weekend in Monterey!

Unfortunately, Seester was given the job of coordinating the move, along with MM and will be working through the weekend of the move.  These two have been busting ass for weeks. 

Oh, another cubefarm etiquette thing is that we can't have any personal stuff around our cube.

Say goodbye to Peetie!






No comments:

Post a Comment