Saturday, October 20, 2012

What do you do when you have a cold and a fridge full of veggies?

You find things to do with them, that's what.  I had a large bag of the Gypsy Peppers so I pickled them.  I have no idea how they will come out.  I used pickling spices and three different kinds of vinegar cause I only had one cup of white wine vinegar...so, I added cider vinegar and sherry vinegar.  Recipe called for a stalk of celery.  Got lots of veggies, but no celery so I substituted some beet greens.  We'll see what happens in 8 days.

Speaking of beets...In the box were some Chiogga beets.

If I weren't sick, I'd go to the store and get some goat cheese.

You'd think that Picture-Poppy would go to the store for me, but she's engrossed in making a slide show of all the Donner-Mae's pictures from Shasta.  They'll be coming over next weekend for the show.  Even if I begged, I don't think she'd do it.  All I hear over there is "Damn it why aren't these pictures in order?!"  Lots of heavy sighing too.

Florance-Poppygale did bring me some soup last night.  Very sweet!  Well, we ordered Chinese so all she had to do was put it in a cup, stick a spoon in it and hand it to me.  It's the little things...

Okay, next up: a bunch of Kale.  I decided to do the recipe in the veggie box which was Kale Chips.


Pretty! Not sure I like them and I don't think I'd make them again.  Whatever.

So last night, Salt-N-Pepper-Porkchop-Poppy and I were sitting on the couch after our Chinese take-out.  Poppy says "Look!" I look over and this is what I see:


She's just not a normal dog.  What dog sits like that?  Not just that, but notice how she's daintily covering her lady-bits.  If she could talk, I wonder what she would say to us?  Let's see...

Treat, now!
Why do you laugh at me all the time?
Why do you leave me home alone so much? I don't like it.
Can you send that fuzzy black thing you call "Roger" somewhere else. I don't like her; she scares me.
Treat, now!
I like the other fuzzy thing in the garage, the one you call "Meeko".  Her butt smells really good.
Why is Other-Mother on her computer all the time?
Why do you stare at that big black box all the time?
Can I have a baby brother?
If you loved me, you'd take off all your clothes...
Treat, NOW, GODDAMN-IT!

Hmmm.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment