Saturday, October 13, 2012

It's Carpal Tunnel Time Again...

Yep, had me a little surgery on Thursday. Here's my Frankenhand:

Think that ought to do it for all my hand and wrist problems and injuries.  Seester said to me the other day "I've never known someone who has so much done to their hands."  Me edda!

I've not been writing of late, but I have been cooking and eating.  Here's what I've been up too...

You know we've been getting that veggie box, so it's a challenge to find things to cook.  Last week, we got a sugar pie pumpkin so I made sugar pumpkin pie beef stew:

It was tasty, but my Worst-Food-Critic and I agreed that the pumpkin didn't add much to the stew.

Okay, now for the good stuff...We have grass fed burger meat and some recently acquired grass feed lamb burger meat.  So I mixed them together, added plenty of Worcestershire and Kecky's burger seasoning and Propane-Poppy grilled them up. I sauteed some onion and peppers for the burger. I made a little sauce of sour cream, a touch of mayo, some whole-grain mustard and salt/pepper.   Also, got some arugula in the veggie box, along with some beets so I made a salad of arugula and beet greens.  Oh and some Nantes (who is Nantes anyway?) carrots on the salad too.

Seriously NOM!

Did you know if you go to Denny's you can build your own burger?  Yeah, they give you a little form to fill out.  Oh so NOMMY...come to Mama!  Behold Kecky's Primal Patty:

It's two patties with Swiss cheese (okay, extra Swiss), lettuce, tomato, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onion, mayo and pickle. Oh alright...and a fried egg on top!  Eating primal is good!

Okay, how about another episode of "My New Office"!

I knew it was just a matter of time before I'd have to print a letter and an envelope.  In fact, I live in fear of it now.  Since I had to take two days off for the carpal surgery I stuck labels on the printer showing how to print on letterhead.  I couldn't possibly show someone how to print an envelope cause there are just way to many steps for that.  I had to send them back to old school handwriting.  I'm thinking of buying an electric typewriter!

Okay, so I printed the letter without a problem.  Now it was time for the envelope. I did it the way the Magic-Xerox-Guy did it, but no luck.  Kept getting the error about needing "job resources" the resource it needed was paper.  But I had paper...an envelope just waiting to be printed.  Not just that, it doesn't let you correct the error, you have to delete the print job.  After about 10 more seriously frustrating attempts (I'm sure at this point BK thinks I'm a raving loony), I decided to go pay a vissy to FFM-Laurie so she could give me a refresher, even though I know I'm doing it right.

Upon arriving at her workstation and asking her how she prints an envelope, she replied "I'm not sure, evidently, you need to be a magician".  There's that sinking feeling again.  So, she went through the same exact steps that I had done before.  I guess the Xerox-Gods were shining down upon her because it worked.  Just one glitch though...these printers run so hot, it seals the envelope before it spits it out...

How professional looking is that?  It's not!  I'm embarrassed to send something out looking like this.  I had to put adhesive tape all over it just to get it shut.  Still better than my messy handwriting on the envelope.

I can't tell you how irritating this is given my work ethic.  I can't believe that I'm sending stuff out looking like this!  We are in a three year contract with these Xerox folks and nobody wants to fight to get these crappy machines switched out.  Seriously, I'm thinking of going back to carbons and my old IBM Selectric.  I can just about hear the little bell ringing that tells me I need to hit "return".

Ebay has a vintage one for $319!

Suddenly, I feel vintagely old!

Well, it's a lovely weekend time to go enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. The Selectric was the epitome of office machines. It's been all downhill since then. I miss that distinctive Selectric sound...I must be old. George

    ReplyDelete