Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Golly, it's been so busy lately...

But I have been cooking. Last weekend I had the hankrin for some Buffalo wings. Poultry-Poppy and I make our own sauce and I make my own blue cheese dressing...

Mix together in a pot:
6 ounces Louisiana Hot Sauce
1/2 stick of butter
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon sugar (I substitute with the Stevia)
2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Heat it up. Get some wings. You can either oven bake them or grill them. Toss them in the sauce when done cooking. That's it.

For the dressing mix together:

1 cup of mayonnaise
4oz crumbled blue cheese
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 pinch garlic powder
Milk, cream or water to thin, if needed.

Serve with carrot and celery sticks. Easy squeezy!



The other night I wanted to try stuffing a pork tenderloin. Boooooorrrrriiiiinnnnggggg!



They look like a couple of Jabba-The-Huts sitting in a pan!



Keeping with the stinky cheese theme, they were rolled (not stuffed) with Roquefort cheese, apple, onion and mushrooms. I served it with greens. Dry as the Sahara! The next night I had some of the leftover stuffing so I heated it up with some milk and called it a sauce that I poured over the pork. Little better.

Okay, so last Thursday a couple of the ladies in the office were raving about this "Wen" shampoo. So I went to my internets and checked it out. Seemed interesting and I was mostly thinking of it for Hair-Impaired-Poppy since she's been wearing her hairs down. Then I went to Amazon to check it out...why pay shipping if you don't have too? I found a 6oz bottle of cucumber/aloe for $20. Mi-Poppy is so worth it. So I ordered it.



It came on Saturday and I told Poppy all about what this product could do for her. Then Depression-Era-Poppy read the back of the bottle...turns out, Are-You-Kidding-Me-Poppy needs to use 20-30 pumps of the $$Wen$$ to "cleanse" her hair. DOH!! I'd not read that part on my internets. So that 6oz bottle is nothing more than a $20 sample and there ain't no way Penny-Pinching-Poppy is going to use it.

I emailed my co-workers. They said they don't use as much as is recommended...11 pumps for STT. She recommended that I could get away with 4 pumps for my hair. So I tried it. It's okay, but not worth the $$. Back to my 32oz, $11 for a 2-pack Crew Citrus/Mint.

Live and learn...although, I wish I was Snazzy-Chazzy, the guy that invented the stuff. He must be rolling in the $$$.

Happy Humpy!

No comments:

Post a Comment