Friday, January 13, 2012

Larb...that's what's for dinner!


For those of you who don't know what Larb is, here's the definition from my favorite site...

Larb (Lao: ລາບ; Thai: ลาบ, RTGS: lap [lâːp], also spelled laap, larp, laab) is a type of Laotian and Isan (Northeast Thailand) meat salad that is regarded as the national dish of Laos. Larb is a creation of the Lao people, with 20 million living in the Isan region of Thailand, and 4.5 million in Laos. Larb originated in Laos and is one of the most famous dishes from Laos. Since larb is eaten all over Laos, including the southern half of Laos, which formerly included present-day Isan region of Thailand, published books regarding Southeast Asian cuisines generally refer to larb as simply a Lao-style (Laotian-style) salad.

Pretty tasty except for the use of the endive leaves. I thought that would make for a good vehicle, but the bigger leaves are bitter. Next time, I'm sticking with regular iceberg lettuce.

Well, I got a new haircut...I also got a bug up my fatass that I wanted a bow tie. So I got one and learned how to tie it. Not from Wikipedia either but from some nice old guy on Youtube.



Why is it that my head isn't proportionate with the rest of my body? This picture reminds me of a turtle. So far, I've been called Perky and Poindexter. What is a poindexter; let me consult Wikipedia...

Poindexter is a surname endemic to the island of Jersey, of mixed French and Latin etymology.

Well isn't that interesting?

Here are some notable Pondexters:

Admiral John Poindexter (born 1936), National Security Advisor for the Reagan administration, involved in the Iran-Contra Affair

Alan G. Poindexter (born 1961), American astronaut and son of Admiral John Poindexter

Buster Poindexter, pseudonym of rock musician David Johansen, (born 1950)

Charles Poindexter (born 1942), American politician from Virginia

George Poindexter (1779–1853), American politician

Hildrus Poindexter (1901–1987), epidemiologist and scientist

Jennings Poindexter (1910-1983), American baseball player

Joseph B. Poindexter (1869–1951), territorial governor of Hawaii

Larry Poindexter (born 1959), American actor

Miles Poindexter(1868–1946), American politician from Washington


That's about all the edumacation I can handle for one day.

Have a nice weekend!

2 comments: