Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wednesday's Dinner...

Well, friend-Carrie came over and cracked a bottle of bubbly to celebrate the following:

Her birthday;
MomJean's visit; and
Prop 8 decision.

After the bubbly we headed to one of our new favorite eats in the hood, Tofu Village. They specialize in Korean tofu soups. I had the tofu and dumpling soup, Poppy and MomJean had the tofu and crab soup; I don't remember what Carrie had. Good time and good conversation.

This morning, I arose at 5:42am to get ready to fetch Boss-Karen for a Presidio presentation for the Marvelous Marin Men's Club at Marin Joe's in San Rafael. In a nutshell...a bunch of raucas guys who meet once a week to shoot the sh_t and I don't know what else. Boss-Karen was great and we're thinking we should take it on the road.

Now's where it gets good...the plan was after I got home from the presentation, Poppy, MomJean and me would jump in the truck and head up to the wine country ending the day with tapas at Sabor of Spain, our favorite tapas restaurant. I get home about 9:30 and find the house dark and quiet.



Yeah...I found Poppy in bed who told me MomJean had been up most of the night with the Horf-n-Hershey's (HH). Poppy said she wasn't feeling very well either and her stomach was making the rumbley-tumbley. A few minutes later guess where Poppy was hanging out:



As of right now, MomJean has had some water, two cups of peppermint tea and some white rice. Poppy had some water but she wants a Coke. It's like I'm looking at the living dead laying in the living room.

Looks like dinner will be chicken broth.

I'm thinking the ribeyes with Roquefort butter might not be happening tomorrow...

Lucky for us, the New Kasa Kecky has two bathrooms otherwise, I'm afraid of the HH mess I would have been cleaning up.

Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment