Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tuesday's Dinner

Who cares, let's talk about lunch! Poppy and I had some errands to run on Chestnut Street. So first we went to Dragon Well for lunch. I got the Chinese Chicken Salad and Poppy got the Chicken Jook. About halfway through lunch, Poppy and I traded. What a tasty treat sensation!

Jook, aka Congee, is a rice porridge for those of you who don't know. It's considered Chinese comfort food. I've never had it before just because it's milky white looking. But I've seen folks ordering it at the Dim Sum places in droves. Now I know why...All I can tell you is I woke up at 3:00am this morning thinking about it. I can't even explain it; it's warm, soupy, chickeny, slightly salty. I have had the taste before but I can't remember where. I made me feel all warm and toasty inside. I might have to go back today and get it again.



One of the errands we ran was to pay a visit to Pottery Barn to look at some window treatments. We've got these ugly shutter closet doors so we want to get rid of them, hang a curtain rod and curtains. We found what we wanted, but Depression-Raised-Poppy wants to go online and find a coupon or get them cheaper somewhere else. That girl can smell a bargain a mile away. So anyway, I get back to work to find this written on my note pad:



I love my Seester Kathy, she cracks me up!

Seester Kathy has also told me that Dad has been walking back and forth to the driveway looking for Ms. Frenchy. Talk about stalking. Can't wait to see what new developments have cropped up since yesterday!

Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment