Monday, April 1, 2013

Fatass' First WW Meeting...

So here's the routine...Seester, Bro-N-Law and FFM-Laurie go to Bay Coffee in Pacific Manor at 7:10 and get Joe's special coffee.  Seriously, I don't know where Joe gets his beans, but truly the best latte I've ever had.

Anyway, in order to meet these freakish early risers, I ended up getting out of bed shortly before 6:00am...on a Saturday.  It's just wrong!  But I did it.  After we got our coffee we headed to Linda Mar Beach for the hour walk.  The tide was low, so much scavenging to be done.  Keep in mind, if you are ever on the beach and spy a golf ball, pick it up.  They get stuck in the whale's blowhole and they die.  Who knew?

Here's Fatass with a bag of golf balls.  We saved three whales!  Check out that starfish!


When I saw this pic, I said to Poppy that I never feel that fat when I look down at myself, but when I see a pic like this...well...it's scary.

Okay, so off to the WW meeting.  The leader's name is Dee and as you would expect she's about as sickeningly chipper as you can get.  So, I start with getting weighed in by the receptionist, Remy.  Remy tries to hand me all the books and junk, but I tell her I don't want them cause I'm all wired up on the Internets.  I should probably mention that I'm doing this in Pacifica and some of those folks just don't get all that new technology junk.  Also, I didn't want to take off my sweatshirt or shoes to get weighed either.  Evidently, that's not normal...guess every pound counts.  I'm pretty sure most folks try to take a dump before they get weighed in.  Must be why they have two bathrooms for such a small place. 

After I get weighed in we all go sit down.  Chipper-Dee goes to the front of the room and starts like dancing or something.  I look over at Seester and FFM-Laurie and they are standing and doing the 7th-grade shuffle.  Now my eyeballs are wide and I'm looking at Seester.  She says "Stand up."  I don't wanna stand up, but I guess I have too.  I look at Seester again and she's motioning at me to start moving.  I say "Why?"  She says "Stop asking why and do it."  What kind of weird cultish thing is this??

The dancing stops and we're allowed to sit back down.  Chipper-D starts talking wanting to know how every one's week went and how people were going to negotiate through Easter dinner and did everyone have "safe" places for all the treat foods that they don't want to eat cause they're too many points.  Seriously?  Then I look over at Seester and FFM-Laurie and they're both nodding their heads and I can swear I hear them "Mmmm hmmm, amen to that sista!"  It was as if I was sitting at church on Gospel Sunday.

I and a few other newbie-fatties had to stay after class so she could give us she schpiel.  Then we had to take a test.  Not really a test, but I think the question was something like "What are your challenges?"  and you had to write down your answers.  Well that threw me...I didn't know there would be a quiz!  My mind goes blank.  I can't think of any challenges.  Now she's asking each of us the question.  Chipper-D gets to me and I say "Um, I like to eat."  Chipper-D says "What do you think makes you overeat?" Huh?  Aw, crap...now I'm thinking I'm going to have to admit my deepest addiction demons to the group.  WTF?  As if I'm back in high school, I went for the easiest answer..."Uh, I dunno."  Move the-F on Chipper-D!

Guess we'll see how next Saturday goes.

After the meeting was over, I needed to go grocery shopping. Figured I'd do it in Pacifica since Safeway is right there.  FFM-Laurie had mentioned I might see the "Hair-Lady".  She described what the Hair-Lady looked like.  I think I found her...


She's even more frightening from the front.

Here's my 3 point lunch!

That's sauteed peppers, mushrooms and onions from the night before with some green beans and cottage cheese.  Seriously, the only thing I would do different if I wasn't counting points is put an egg on top!  NOM!

Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment