Friday, April 26, 2013

Birthday Eve...and I've been busy celebrating...

Wednesday night, Seester (aka Skylark), FMM-Laurie and I went to A Grape in The Fog in Pacifica.  It's the cutest little wine bar!  Lots of wine to choose from and tasty treat sensations.

Why is it when I drink red wine, I stains my tongue and teeth so bad...say, I should look this up on my Internets!

We had way too much fun!  Poor Bro-n-Law had to pick us up around 10:00pm.  What's worse than having 3 slightly inebriated and a really loud women in your car when all you want to do is go to bed?  Having 4 slightly inebriated and really loud women in your car, that's what! He should consider himself lucky.

You know what, I don't really care why my tongue and teeth turn purple.  Nothing I'm going to do about it anyway!

So, Jax and I stayed the night at Seester's house and then we took a drive down to Half Moon Bay for lunch, but alas, we were too early for lunch so we walked around and then went back to Pacifica.  But, I was able to see and drive through the new tunnel!


Pretty cool and many, many years in the making.

Jax stayed home with Dexter-McLovin:



After that, I hung out at Seester's and watched Bro-n-Law and Bro-FF-Doug start the process of adding onto the existing fence.  Seester and Bro-n-law have been working hard!


See that ugly blue van?  Yeah, that's the seriously crazy and irate neighbor's van...you should see the rest of his house and yard...That's one of the reasons Cod invented fences!

What else...oh, well, Picture-Show-Poppy and I have been watching this series, House of Cards.  It's produced by Netflix.  If you haven't seen it, run...don't walk to find it.  One of the best shows I've ever seen! Stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright.  Turns out, I like the way Robin has her hair highlighted.  You know, why pay a professional to do something when you can do it yourself?



Oh c'mon, it's not that bad!  It's a little chunky, but I likes it.  Doesn't look a bit like Robin's hair, but neither do I, unfortunately.  Not to worry...I won't shave my head.

Let's talk about the foods!  You know how much I've been enjoying La Lengua, si? Well, I found this book called "Odd Bits" by Jennifer McLagan.

Great book!  Not only that, but while shopping at Lucky today look what I found:

Oh, hello lov-a!  Yeah, that's lamb tongue and lamb heart.  I can't wait to see what I get to create with that.  I also got a big package of pork necks for $4.00!

I can't tell you how excited I am!!

Offal isn't Awful!

No comments:

Post a Comment