Saturday, November 10, 2012

I have a new obsession...

Tea!

I've always enjoyed drinking tea.  This used to be one of the things that Mom and I enjoyed doing together.  It probably started after we went to the Japanese Tea Garden.  Anyway, Mom bought a little teapot with four matching cups.  Figure, I was probably 8 or 9 when this ritual started.  Still have one little cup left.


I can't quite figure the picture out, but I think it's there's some sort of abuse going on.

Anyway, I found this tea company, www.adagio.com, where I order a lot of my tea.  In fact, I even made my own blend, Ginger Me Lemon, not sure I like it though.  It's 40% Ginger Ceylon, 40% Lemongrass and 20% Citron Green.  Then an extra added scoop of dried ginger. I think I made it too strong.

Like wine, there is much to learn about tea...right down to the tea pot.  So, if you're going to go, go big!  Here's my new cast iron teapot:


Cool.  Right now, I'm enjoying a pot of Rooibos Coconut. My all-time favorite at the moment is Genmai Cha.  But I'm sure once I get into this, there will be many more...Another one that's really good is Korean Barley Tea!

Tomorrow will be my first attempt at bowling since the carpal tunnel surgery.  I don't remember my other hand taking this long to feel better.  This thing still hurts!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment