Monday, August 13, 2012

What did I do this weekend?

Lots of stuff...

There were Avocado Deviled Eggs:

My Worst-Food-Critic-Poppy liked them a lot.  I was so-so about them.  Make them as you would any deviled egg, but substitute avocado for the mayo and add some lime and hot sauce. 

There was bowling:

We suck.  Need to find a different sport.

There was pig:




So I went to my second favorite market to get my pork shanks.  They are practically free!  I bought two of them totally 5lbs for $8.00!  I simmered them for over two hours with leek, onion, celery, carrot a little salt and pepper corns.  When they were done, they went in the oven to get all nice and crispy.

Porcine-Poppy and I sat down to eat them...I noticed that mine tasted, well, odd.  It wasn't bad pork, cause I'd smelled it before I even cooked it, but it tasted like...hmmm, like the barn in Sleepyeye, Minnesota smelled.  Okay, it tasted like poop!  I suggested to Poppy that since this was kind of "barnyardie" maybe we ought to open up some of our barnyardie wine.  We love our "earthy" wines.

I kept eating until it was a wee overwhelming.  I had Taste-Tester-Poppy try it.  She agreed it wasn't bad, but that she wouldn't be able to eat it.  Now, you know, if Poppy can't eat it, ain't nobody better eat it.  She split her porky with me cause that's the kind of gal she is.  Jax-The-Pork-Connesewer much enjoyed the poopy bone.

Nom!

1 comment:

  1. The eggs look kinda like the presidents' heads ...

    ReplyDelete