Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It was a fun food weekend...

We had a long Dad weekend.  I like to cook for him when he comes.  Here's some of it...

He loves him some meat sauce so I made it!




Just a little NOM!

Weekend before last, Grillmasta-Poppy and I watched a bunch of BBQ shows so she was in the mood to cook up some ribs, so that's what she did.  Had that with some collard greens and corn-on-the-cobb:


Yep, that's bourbon and bacon in that glass.


Taa-Duh!



Of course, Jax always loves to help Poppy grill...


But here's the best part...Depression-Era-Poppy thought it would be fun to make her Grandma's ice cream recipe.



What a treat!

Back to our little dog...she's had this odd little black patch on her back leg for about a month or so.  I took her to the vet a while back and he gave me a referral to a dermatologist...yeah, I know.  Anyway, it seemed like it was getting better so I didn't take her.  Then I noticed it seemed to be getting worse, so we took her in.

She doesn't much like going to the vet, but after Dr. Vitale gave her some treats, she was all good.


Then he did a biopsy...more treats.


They were supposed to give her one stitch, but ended up giving her three.  He said she was completely patient the whole time.  Turns out, she's had a reaction to the rabies vaccination.  She can't have them anymore.  That's a small problem, because it's required by law so now I have to get an exception.  Fun!  That little visit set us back about $500...but we have pet insurance on Jax, so it won't be too bad and I get to take the stitches out!  I love doing that...

Yep, that's it.

Chow!!



No comments:

Post a Comment