Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunday's Dinner

We met a friend at a 100% organic, vegan and biodynamically farmed restaurant called Gracias Madre (http://www.gracias-madre.com/web/menu.php) . For meativores like Poppy and myself, I was pleasantly surpised at how good the food was. I had the Platillo de Legumbres with a side of Escabeche and a side of roasted butternut squash. I also asked for a side of cashew cream. All very, very tasty. Poppy had the tacos (three corn tortillas topped with seasonal vegetables and cashew cheese, served with beans) and our friend had the Ensalada de Caesar and a bowl of the Sopa de Coliflor Asada (roasted cauliflower soup topped with cashew cream). They also sell their fresh hand-made tortillas so I got a package of those to go. Poppy being from Texas, and those Texans love their Tex-Mex, judges every Mexican restaurant by their guacamole. Gracias Madre has one of the best I've ever had. Poppy really liked it too and that's huge! This restaurant is in the heart of the Mission District so if you're looking for an unusual Mission District food experience, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment