Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I have been completely uninspired to write...

There has been tons of stuff going on, I just haven't felt like writing about it.

So...let's talk about taxes! I know I talked about getting, okay, messing up Dad's taxes.  But that's all fixed now.  I went to Liberty Tax to have it done.  I thought it would make more sense for Refund-Poppy and I just to take our taxes to the same place, at the same time.

See, we go to Ginger-The-Tax-Lady.  We like her and all, but she's in Millbrae and why go down there if we can have them done down the street for a wee cheaper?

Price-Line-Negotiator-Poppy asked the Tax-Preparer-Guy-Mike to give us an estimate on getting our taxes done.  Ginger-The-Tax-Lady will do ours for just under $400.  Oh, and I had that 30% coupon that I could use for Liberty.  We get an email from Tax-Preparer-Guy-Mike that he can do our taxes for $540 and that includes the 30% off!!!  WTF??

Why is getting our taxes done so expensive when we are just like you and everyone else out there?  Oh wait, we're not...WE'RE GAY!  So, in order for my Domestic-Partner-Poppy and I to have our Gay Taxes done, we'll pay more than double than all my non-gay-married-friends and family.  Now, this is because we file jointly with the state because we are domestic partners.  Because the feds don't recognize us, we have to file separately so that just mucks up the whole return process.

It just ain't fair!  But, love is in the air and the tides are turning...

Chow.

No comments:

Post a Comment