Tuesday, March 12, 2013

How artsie-fartsie can you get with your camera phone?

Well, I was in the kitchen the other day and saw this cool reflection:


Oh, and then did some flower arranging.  I call this minimalist-dia-de-los-muertos-lillies:


While out house-hunting on Sunday, Poppy-The-Hustler got her game on...



Hubba-hubba!

That's it for my artsie-fartsie.

So, I had this scathingly-brilliant idea that I'd do Dad's taxes myself this year.  Really, how hard can it be?  All you do is enter numbers...It's not like I have to do math or anything.  Well, I was all excited when I got it all done and hit the "electronic file" button.  I did think it was a little odd that there was no refund, nor did he owe anything to the State.  Hmmm...oh, hey, what's that piece of paper in the envelope that I didn't see?  Oh, it's his 1099-R.  Rut-roh...this changes things, a lot.

I quickly learned that once you file, it's not like you can get the returns back for a do-over.  No, you have to file a 1040X and a 540X.  You can't do these electronically, either.  You have to do them by hand.  Rut-roh, this will require math and a calculator but I'm not afraid...

After a couple of hours of trying to figure out what the hell I was doing, I got a bad headache.  This prompted me to make a call to my new friends at Liberty Tax.  They seemed really happy to help me out so I'm going for a visit tonight.  I have a feeling I probably messed up Dad's return, even had I not forgot that important piece of paper with all the numbers on it.

You know, the cool thing about Club-Fed is that I'll get to meet new people and I won't have to clean the house anymore.  Sounds good to me!

Chow!



No comments:

Post a Comment