Saturday, February 11, 2012

The new furniture is here! the new furniture is here!

Dad found his spot and so did Jax.



Speaking of random stuff that comes out of Dad...

Dad: I feel like I'm 67!

Me: Oh, why 67; kind of an odd number?

Dad: I don't know.

Made mini-meatloaves last night. Idea came from My-Pal-Crin. This was no ordinary meatloaf either. It had white cheddar, parm, horseradish and Dijon in it. If Dad knew there was cheese, horseradish or Dijon in that meatloaf ain't no way he'd a et it!





I'd mentioned to co-worker-Susan that I was making meatloaf. She said she'd made a to-die-for meatloaf just last week and had leftovers in the freezer. We're going to trade pieces. Mine was good, but I think it was a little bland. I think that's because I didn't use as much horseradish or Dijon as the recipe called for cause I was afraid Dad would figure it out.

I will definitely make this recipe again!

Oh, Furniture-Poppy had set up with The Salvation Army to take our old couch...the same day the new couch was coming. Recipe for disaster, if you ask me...and nobody did. Yep, that darn Salvation Army showed up and refused to take our couch. Said there were stains on it and gosh, they really didn't have room in the truck. Now, any of you that have come to our house know that couch is pretty nice. Since this is the second time The Salvation Army has done this to us, they are now dead to me!

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, back in the 89 earthquake (I had just move out of the Marina two weeks prior) my ex-BFF-Lisann (long story) and I went to The Salvation Army's headquarters at the Marina Middle School to donate blankets and such. They refused them and said they just wanted money. I kind of thought that was cheesy.

Anyway, St. Vincent de Paul is coming on Monday for that darn couch. Supposed to have it out on the curb in the am. Good thing it'll be raining.

Whatever.

Now that we got that new furniture and haven't figured out how we'll arrange all our junk, today I'm going to dust and vacuum every little trinket and furniture in the house.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment