Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It's Hell Being Me...

You know, there’s something almost decadent when you have a day off that not every other employed person has off. Like MLK day yesterday. Unfortunately, the hard workers with Esquivel Grading & Paving weren’t as lucky as we were. I know that cause I woke up to this rumbling behemoth in front of Kasa Kecky:




I have to say, though, it was quite a show. I settled in with my coffee and Jax and watched them unload it and then cut the pavement.  Very cool.

See this guy?


His nickname is Booger. Wanna know why? Of course you do…because I watched him stand there and blow snot-rockets out his nose and then use the front of his sweatshirt to wipe off whatever was left on his face. You know he’s done that more than once and you know he wears that sweatshirt more than one day in a row…

Moving on...As you know, we had a HUGE football weekend. So that meant an “in” day for The Kecky with NOM snacks. We decided to have Nacho Juice. I’m sure there is a more ethnical word for it, but that’s what I’m calling it. Actually, there probably isn’t an ethnical word for it, cause it was your basic Velveeta and a can of Rotel. I know, how nasty and unethnical is that? Sometimes, it’s good to eat something like that, feel sick after and then not have to do it again for a long, long time. But along with that, I did make my pico de gallo, so that was the healthy part.

Jax-The-Cheese-Connisewer lubs to get her some Nacho-Juice!


No, I didn't give her any of that junk!

While endlessly combing the isles of the grocery store for Velveeta (I know, it’s where the faux mac-n-cheese is, only it wasn’t. It was with the real cheese…as if!) I came upon this can of shrimp:


I don’t know why, but this is so funny to me…on so many different levels.

Does the average Merican shopper really care if Merican’s picked and packed those teeny-tiny shrimp?

If you knew those teeny-tiny shrimpies were picked by illegals, would still buy them? Would you still buy produce? Hmmm.

What if those teeny-tiny shrimpies were packed by teeny-tiny 5-year old Merican hands, would you buy them? Just sayin…

Oh, and don’t even get me started on organic Fairtrade decaf coffee…I spent the better part of a half-hour trying to figure out if the decaf coffee I wanted to buy was decaffeinated with the healthier water press method or if chemicals were used.

Why does trying to live healthy make my head hurt so much?

Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment