Sunday, December 29, 2013

Still trying to figure out the IT...

As it gets closer to the New Year, I’m feeling some pressure to find the IT. Here’s what I know so far:


1. I want to be a superhero.
2. If I can’t be a superhero, I’d like to be a Samurai…or a better yet, a Ronin.
3. I have always been fascinated with martial arts.
4. My knees hurt.
5. Yoga is cool.
6. Yoga studios are not cool. They smell like dirty socks and farts.
7. I seem to have a small issue with commitment or failure, I’m not sure which.
8. Tai Chi is interesting to me.
9. I seem to spend a lot of time thinking about IT or food.

I decided I’d look for a Tai Chi class. I consulted my Internets; Yelp, specifically. I found one. There wasn’t much information other than the dude’s name, Sifu Mao. No website, either. There was one review that said I could email for information so I did. Here’s what I wrote:

From: KDallmann@presidiotrust.gov
To: kcmaoqi@hotmail.com
Subject: The Most Balanced Tai Chi...
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 23:11:41 +0000

Hi there. I saw your review on Yelp. Before I call and set something up, can you tell me something about Sifu Mao’s classes? I see they are private. Where do the classes take place? Does he give classes in the evenings? I am 51 and have osteoarthritis in my knee. I’m looking for more flexibility and hopefully a little strengthening. Thanks.

Okay, I get my first question was a little broad, but KC Mao’s reply was kind of snotty…

Let answer your questions one by one:

What are "something about Sifu Mao's classes" you are looking for? if you read reviews fully, you could get a general idea.

Classes take places in different locations, depends on students preferences and where they live and if the classes location is suitable.

Since lessons are private, classes in the evenings is possible.

Classes of Tai Chi plus his special Chi Gong are good for knee osteoarthritis.

Yes, you'll feel more flexibility and strengthening within a short time, as all other students felt that way, if you read their reviews.

Thanks.

I downloaded a Tai Chi app on my phone. I’ll give that a whirl and go from there.

Well, as much as I loved Nom Nom Mary, I needed to eat something else. Since Don’t-Make-Me-Eat-Livah-Poppy isn’t around, I decided I’d make some happy liver…

I sautéed onions, garlic and mushroom in some bacon fat. Then I tossed in the liver.


I also had some sauerkraut that I rinsed and then bathed in happy beef broth for a few hours. Then I threw that on top of the liver. Darn tasty!


Time to go eat something and think about IT.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment