Monday, July 15, 2013

Over the weekend...

I made a big fat pot roast for dinner.  You know, the kind you make in the Dutch oven with carrots, onions and potatoes?  My recipe was based on the Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pot Roast.  The cookbook sitting next to that one was called The American Woman's Cookbook.  So, I started flipping through it.  It was published in 1946...

Here are a few of the pics that are in the book:

 
 Mmmm hmmm.  My oven is always waiting for a man!
 
 
I don't know about you, but a big steaming cup of Irradiated Evaporated Milk sounds pretty NOM right about now!
 
 
I have an English Cousin?  I think the Wheat Flour Institute is into more than just wheat!
 
And my favorite...
 
 
Everyday is a Gay day for me!
 
Chow!


1 comment:

  1. Your best blog entry, ever. I will never look at my oven the same way again.

    ReplyDelete