Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I'm Baaaaaaacccccckkkkkk!

For the moment, anyway...

Here's the last binder that I made for this incredibly frivolous and stupid lawsuit.

Yeah, that's one of about 63 binders I've made since last Thursday.  Now I'm making mailing labels for the 16 boxes that said binders are sitting in.  Well, trying too...

Hey, how about another episode of My New Office?  You will recall all the problems I've had with the Stupid Printer...well, it only got worse.  Basically, I was printing all this junk for the court because I figured it would be easier than sending it out since I would have to go through every page anyway.  It was all working pretty well, until my print cue/quay (however it's spelled) started sticking.

I found that if I printed two documents back to back, it would stick and I'd get the little message "Your Print Job Failed To Print."  BK said she thought I deserved to have my own personal IT person at my beck and call.  Okay, then sometime last week, I started printing this really large, heavily colored document and something really bad happened.  Not only to my department's two printers, but every other Xerox in the place would only print out blank pages.  The natives were starting to get angry at me...I'm not kidding, I couldn't walk down the hall with out getting the stinkeye.

As of yesterday, that little problem was fixed...but I'm still laying low.

Now, I want to print mailing labels for all my boxes.  Just the thought of having to print something other than a white sheet of paper is now causing heart palpitations, profuse sweating and a tic in my right eye.  But, I'm not afraid...this printer isn't going to get the best of me!

Whatever, I've been trying to print a sheet of labels for about an hour-n-a-half and I'm ready to chuck the F__king-Stupid-Machine out the window.

The last error I received from the Stupid-Machine said "Your Printer Needs An Intervention".  REALLY???  Guess I best reserve a conference room and get some people to sit in a circle around the Stupid-Machine and intervene.  I'm thinking Tough Love is the best approach!

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment